(This recipe adapted from The Plantpower Way, Cauliflower Golden Beet Tacos, by Rich Roll and Julie Piatt)
- 1 bunch golden beets
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 T balsamic vinegar
- salt, to taste
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1 head of butter lettuce
Brazil Nut Tomatillo Cream Ingredients
- 8 tomatillos
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 bunch cilantro
- juice of 1 lime
- 8 brazil nuts
- 1 small jalapeño (remove seeds and stem) (NOTE: It is best to use gloves and maintain proper ventilation when handling jalapeño. Always keep your hands away from your face when working with jalapeño, and wash thoroughly after handling.)
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- Wash and cut off the ends off the beets. Place in a saucepan, covered with water, and boil for approximately 20 minutes, until soft when pricked with fork.
- Remove beets from heat and rinse in a colander with cool water. Peel the beets and cut into bite-size pieces.
- Place the beet pieces in a dish with raw chopped cauliflower and cover with the balsamic vinegar, salt, and chili powder. Set aside to marinate.
- Remove the tomatillo husks from the tomatillos and wash and peel them. Cut tomatillos into halves and place into high-powered blender with all the Tomatillo Cream ingredients. Blend on high for a few minutes, until creamy.
- Place washed butter lettuce leaves onto plates and spoon beet/cauliflower mixture onto the leaves.
- Pour cream sauce over wraps.
NOTE: The ingredients in the wraps and the cream sauce store well in the fridge and are great for quick meals on the go~