Why is Fish so good for you?
- Easy to digest
- High in protein
- Has the Omega 3 fatty acids
- Strengthens the immune system
- Positively influences the nervous and cardiovascular system
- Newer studies have found fatty fish to reduce blood pressure!
Original recipe from Food Network- Bobby Flay
Ingredients for Fish Tacos:
- 1 lb. white flaky fish, such as mahi mahi or white fish
- 1/4 cup canola or garlic olive oil
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 Tbs. ancho chili powder
- 1 jalapeno, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 8 tortillas – I use Sami’s millet and flax flatbread
- or you can use corn tortilla (better than flour)
Preheat grill to med-high heat. Place fish in a medium size dish. Whisk together the oil, lime juice, chili powder, jalapeno, and cilantro and pour over fish. Let marinate for 15 to 20 minutes.
Remove the fish from the marinade and place onto a hot grill, flesh side down. Grill the fish for 4 minutes on the first side, then flip for 30 seconds and remove. Let rest for 5 minutes then flake the fish with a fork.
Place the flatbread on the grill for 20 seconds. Divide the fish among the tortillas and garnish with your favorite toppings!
Garnish: Be creative with your choices . . .
- Shredded cabbage
- Hot sauce
- Sour cream
- Thinly sliced red onion
- Thinly sliced green onion
- Chopped cilantro leaves
- Your favorite fresh tomato salsa