There’s something about cool fall days that just calls for a warm fruit crisp straight from the oven!
This pear crisp is quick and easy and requires limited ingredients. It is packed full of delicious flavor that will warm your heart and taste buds on a cool autumn day.
You can choose date sugar which keeps the sugar content low-glycemic. Let’s have our crisp and not feel guilty about eating it too! Moderation is always key!
Top your pear crisp with non-dairy ice cream or coconut cream whip for a dairy-free option. Although, this crisp is delicious as is, without any topping! Enjoy~
- 1/2 C uncooked oats
- 1/4 cup date sugar (or sugar of your choice)
- 2 T flour (your choice)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon (or cardamom*)
- 2 T cold butter (or non-dairy butter)
- 3 medium red Anjou pears, sliced
- 2 T lemon juice
- coconut oil (or your choice of oil)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine first 5 ingredients in bowl and cut in butter until it resembles coarse meal.
- Toss pears in lemon juice.
- Spoon pear mix into a greased pie place and sprinkle oat mixture on top.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 20 minutes.
(Substitute apples for pears in this recipe and enjoy delicious apple crisp!)
**NOTE: Cardamom is an aromatic spice with a citrusy flavor. It goes well with fruit and all other aromatic spices like cinnamon, clove, and allspice.
(Original recipe found at health.com.)