Here is a recipe shared by a sweet motivating client with some great ideas that keep me going!
Vegan Baked Oatmeal by Ashley Adams @About.com
Picture and recipe submitted by Wendy
- 3C Quick Oatmeal (I use GF Organic Quick Oats)
- 3T finely ground almonds
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- (I also add a dash of nutmeg)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1C pure maple syrup or agave nectar
- 1 2/3C almond milk (I use 1 1/3C almond milk and 1/3 cup apple juice)
- 1C your choice of fruit (chopped peaches, blueberries, apples) (I use 1 chopped apple and 1/2C dried cranberries and 1/2 cup raisins)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease 9″ pan and set aside.
In large mixing bowl combine oats, almonds, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, and salt.
2. In separate bowl whisk maple syrup (or agave nectar) and almond milk.
Mix together liquid with dry ingredients, stirring until just combined.
Fold in fruit and spread in pan.
3. Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until light golden brown.
Allow to cool in pan (if you have enough will power!!!) and serve with almond milk (I use a splash of coconut milk! Yum!)
(A banana cut up on top is also delicious!)