Pictures and recipe along with suggestions submitted by Wendy L. – Original recipe by Angela Liddon at OhSheGlows.com
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1.5-2 C cook chickpeas (15 oz. can) plus (2T liquid, set aside)
- 3/4 C roasted red pepper
- 1/2 C Tahini
- 5 T freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 T reserved chickpea liquid, or water
- 1/8-1/4 tsp cayenne pepper, to taste (or crushed red pepper flakes)
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- Olive oil, for drizzling and paprika, for garnish
How to Roast the Red Peppers:
- Preheat to broil setting (I used High) and line baking sheet with foil.
- Prepare peppers by slicing in half and removing cores and seeds.
- With palm of hand, press each pepper half, inside down, on the baking sheet.
- Broil 10-13 min., till blackened.
- Pull out and wrap tightly in foil to steam for 15-20 minutes.
- Gently pull off blackened skin and discard.
With food processor running, drop in 2 peeled garlic cloves. Process until chopped.
Place remaining ingredients (except sea salt and cayenne) into food processor and process until smooth.
Add salt and cayenne gradually, to taste.
Garnish with paprika, olive oil, and roasted red peppers.
Makes 2 cups and lasts 4-5 days in sealed container in fridge.