Did you know kiwi is a berry? Kiwi is also known as Chinese Gooseberry. This Banana Kiwi Salad provides optimum levels of Vitamin C.
A symphony of summer flavors will delight your tastebuds from the very first bite of this refreshing salad! Whip it together in minutes and it will be the star at your next picnic!
- 2T lime juice
- 1T olive oil
- 1T shallots, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp honey
- 1/4 tsp salt
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- 4 kiwis, peeled and diced
- 2 ripe bananas, cut diagonally into 1/2″ thick slices
- 1/2C diced red bell pepper
- 2T thinly sliced fresh mint
- 2T chopped cashews, toasted
- Toast the cashews in a dry pan over medium-high heat for 3-5 minutes. Watch closely and stir frequently to avoid burning.
- Prepare kiwi, red bell pepper, mint, garlic, and shallots according to specifications listed above.
- Combine lime juice, olive oil, shallots, garlic, honey, salt, and cayenne powder in a small bowl.
- Combine all the remaining ingredients in a large bowl and then pour lime juice dressing over all. Gently mix to thoroughly cover all the fruit, vegetables, and herbs with the dressing.
- Pour into serving dish and sprinkle cashews on top.
*If you are not serving immediately after preparation, keep refrigerated until ready to serve.
(Adapted recipe from eatingwell.com.)