After searching far and wide and testing multiple ice cream recipes, this strawberry ice cream recipe from Jeff Rogers Vegan Ice Cream is a keeper!
This is as close to natural as you can get, and yet it still satisfies that insatiable ice cream appetite!
Pureed dates are the only sweetner in this recipe and you can feel good about satisfying your “sweet tooth” without compromising your health goals. That’s a Win~Win in my book! Enjoy~
- 2 C fresh strawberries
- 1 1/2 C almond milk
- 1 C dates, pitted
- 2 tsp vanilla extract or 1/2 tsp vanilla powder **(I use Wilderness Poets Pure Vanilla Powder from Wildcrafted Vanilla Beans.)
- dairy-free chocolate chunks, optional
- Combine all ingredients in high powered blender.
- Store ice cream mix in refrigerator until completely chilled (I store overnight.).
- Pour into ice cream maker and blend according to manufacturer directions.
- Place in freezer-safe container and freeze overnight.
NOTE: **Original recipe lists 1 vanilla bean, sliced and scraped.