Need a tasty side dish or light main meal idea?
Family tested and thumbs up for delicious and nutritious!
Need a quick, nutritious meal for your busy lifestyle? Spaghetti squash is loaded with nutrients your body needs and it is full of fiber, so it’s also filling.
You can eat the squash raw but you can also bake it first and then scrape it. If you bake the squash, place the halved squash in about 1/4 inch water with insides down and bake at 350 degrees for approximately 40 minutes. An additional option is to scrape the raw squash and steam the noodles, just to warm it.
- 1-2 spaghetti squash
- 2-4 T chopped fresh basil
- 2 stalks celery
- 1 bunch green onions
- 1/2 red bell pepper
- 1/2 green bell pepper
- 3 cloves of garlic
- handful of Italian parsley
- 1-2 T lemon juice
- Himalayan salt, to taste
- olive oil, to taste
Garnish with garbanzo beans, black sesame seeds, tomatoes, and tomato sauce, as desired.
- Place the veggies in a food processor and lightly pulse, just to chunks.
- Slice spaghetti squash in half and remove seeds and pulp.
- Use a fork to scrape the entire inside of the squash, raking it toward you. Keep scraping and the squash will come off in strands. (If you bake the squash it will scrape off more like regular noodles. If the squash is raw it will scrape off more like the consistency of rice.)
- Place your squash on plates and cover with veggie mix, salt, olive oil, and garnish.