(Recipe from Oh She Glows Cookbook by Angela Liddon – Sweet Potato & Black Bean Enchiladas with Avocado-Cilantro Cream Sauce.)
**I’ve adapted the recipe by replacing the spice mix with the Crowd-Pleasing Tex-Mex Casserole spice mix from the same cookbook.
Angela’s cookbook is a worthwhile investment if you are interested in cooking healthy, appealing meals packed with wholesome ingredients.
Every recipe I’ve made from Angela’s cookbook has been superb! I credit her recipes with winning over my entire family to healthier eating. She just published a second cookbook, Oh She Glows Every Day. Check them both out!
- 2 C sweet potato, peeled, chopped, and boiled (5-7 min.)
- 1T olive oil
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 2 large garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 1 15 oz. can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 large handfuls spinach leaves, roughly chopped
- 2 1/2 C 5 minute enchilada sauce (recipe below)
- 1 T lime juice
- 5 large tortilla wraps
- 1 T chili powder
- 1.5 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp sweet paprika
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 11/4 tsp sea slt
- 1/4 tsp ground coriander
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and lightly grease baking dish.
- In a large skillet, heat onion and garlic in oil. Saute 5 minutes and season with salt and pepper.
- Add bell pepper, cooked sweet potato, black beans, and spinach.
- Remove from heat. Add spices, enchilada sauce, and lime juice.
- Spread 1C sauce evely over bottom of baking dish. Scoop filling into each tortilla and wrap. Spread remaining sauce and any leftover filling on top.
- Bake 20-25 minutes.
- Serve with cream sauce.
Cream Sauce Ingredients
- 1/2 C fresh cilantro
- 1 medium avocado
- 2 T lime juice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
Process all ingredients in food processor.
5 Minute Enchilada Sauce
This sauce will knock your socks off! Seriously! It’s THAT good!
- 2 T Earth Balance Butter
- 2 T flour
- 4 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1:4 tap cayenne pepper
- 1 C tomato paste
- 1 3/4 C vegetable broth
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Melt butter in saucepan.
- Stir in flour to create a thick paste.
- Add spices and cook, stirring until fragrant.
- Stir in tomato paste and whisk in broth.
- Bring to low boil over high heat then reduce heat and simmer approximately 5 minutes. Sauce will thicken while simmering.