(Recipe from chowhound.com.)
- 1/2 C cashews
- 1 T agar agar flakes (I use Agar Agar Sea Vegetable Flakes from Eden.**)
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 1/4 C boiling water
- 1 1/2 C pumpkin puree
- 1/4 C sweetener (I use raw agave nectar from Madhava. You can use maple syrup, honey, or agave nectar.)
- 1 T vanilla
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1 pinch cloves
- 1/4 tsp lemon zest
- non-dairy chocolate chips, to garnish
- Place cashews, agar, and salt in high-powered blender and process to fine powder.
- Pour boiling water in blender and process on high.
- Add pumpkin, agave, and vanilla and process until smooth.
- Blend in cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and lemon zest.
- Pour into ramekins or half cup mason jars.
- Refrigerate and set.
Agar Agar Flakes: A beneficial gelatin made of two kinds of sea vegetables with strong thickening properties. The sea vegetables contain an array of trace minerals and cleansing phytonutrients that are not common in land sourced vegetables. Agar Agar flakes can be an excellent gelatin substitute.