- 2-20 oz. cans Whole Fire Roasted Tomatoes
- 2 large onions, peeled and cut into fourths
- One head of garlic (remove outside skin and cut off top)
- 1 T olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 tsp paprika
- 4 tsp dried basil
- 3 tsp dried oregano
- 2 T maple syrup
- 2 C water
- 1 C non-dairy milk of choice
- 4 splashes hot sauce
- 2 bay leaves
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place the garlic head and onions face-up on parchment-lined baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil.
- Roast approximately 60 minutes.
- Let cool 5 minutes, then remove garlic from skin (the inner cloves should easily slide from remaining skin).
- Process canned tomatoes in food processor, then pour into a large pot on stovetop.
- Cut onions in fourths then process with garlic in food processor and add to the tomatoes in the pot.
- Add the remaining ingredients and stir to combine.
- Bring to a simmer over medium heat then reduce heat to low and simmer approximately 15 minutes.
- Enjoy with your favorite bread.