(Recipe adapted from Blue Apron.)
- 2 skin-on salmon fillets
- 1/2 C pearled barley
- 4 oz. spinach
- 1 zucchini
- 1 lemon
- 1 bunch dill
- 1/4 C Vegenaise
- Preparation Steps
- Cook barley approximately 25-27 minutes in a large pot of boiling salted water. Drain and return to pot.
- While the barley is cooking, wash and dry produce. Dice the zucchini. Peel, quarter, and deseed the lemon. Mince the peeled lemon rind into 2 tsps of zest. Squeeze the juice from the lemon quarters. Pick dill leaves off stem and discard stem.
- Heat 1 tsp olive oil in a medium pan over medium-high heat. Add the spinach and lemon zest. Season with salt and pepper and cook 2-3 minutes, stirring frequently. The spinach should be wilted.
- Drain spinach and chop. Set aside.
- Wipe out pan and saute zucchini in1 tsp olive oil. Season with salt and pepper and cook 4-5 minutes, until lightly browned. Transfer to a bowl.
- Wipe out pan and pat salmon fillets dry. Season fillets with salt and pepper.
- Heat 2 tsps olive oil on medium-high. Add seasoned fillets, skin side down. Cook 3-5 minutes on each side until done.
- While fillets are cooking, mix barley, spinach, zucchini, dill, vegenaise, and lemon juice in a bowl.
- Divide the mix between2 plates and top with salmon fillets.