This creme brulee is egg-free and dairy-free. It is a great option for satiating those sweet tooth cravings!
Add this recipe to your recipe collection of healthy alternatives this holiday season.
Golden Kiwi is a delicious complement to this lightly sweetened custard base. Blueberries, rasberries, nectarines, or pears are also good alternatives to complement your custard.
- 1 14 oz. can coconut milk
- 2 C non-dairy milk
- 1/4 C maple syrup
- 2 T arrowroot starch
- 1/4 C brown sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 T cashew butter
- Whisk the starch and 1/2 C milk in a small bowl and set aside a few minutes.
- Blend the remaining ingredients in a high-powered blender.
- Pour the mix into a medium saucepan and whisk over medium heat to nearly boiling.
- Slowly whisk in starch minture and continue whisking and cooking till mix thickens (approximately 3 minutes).
- Pour mixture into ramekins and refrigerate at least 6 hours.
- Remove from refrigerator 5-10 minutes before serving.
- Add cut fruit of your choice and sprinkle with cinnamon.
NOTE: For special presentation, use a kitchen torch to brown the custard top before serving.