(This recipe is from therawtarian.com.)
This pumpkin pie is bursting with nutritious ingredients! The crust is made from a combination of nuts, dates, and coconut. The filling gets it creaminess from cashews. An assortment of earthy spices, including ground cloves, cinnamon, and allspice can be tasted in every bite. Organic pumpkin and carrots round out the nutritious line-up.
Prepare this pie with a high-powered blender and a food processor, then freeze. By freezing the pie, your precious oven space is free for even more delicious holiday dishes!
- 1.5 C nuts (I use a combination of macadamia, walnut, and pecans. I also soak the nuts overnight to aid in digestion.)
- 1/2 C pitted dates
- 1/4 C coconut ( I use Exotic Superfoods Raw Coconut Meat. The original recipe calls for shredded coconut.)
- 2 C cashews (I soak the nuts for two hours to aid in digestion.)
- 1 C raw pumpkin
- 1 C carrots
- 1/2 C coconut oil
- 1/2 C sweetener ( I use honey or Madhava Organic Raw Agave.)
- 1/2 C water
- 1 T vanilla
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp allspice
- 1/8 tsp ground cloves
- Puree crust ingredients in food processor and press into pie plate or springform pan.
- Blend all filling ingredients in a high-powered blender.
- Pour into prepared crust and cover.
- Freeze at least 4 hours.