(This recipe is from Angela Liddon’s The Oh She Glows Cookbook. This cookbook is an excellent investment as you travel your path to healthy living.)
We use the Thai Peanut Sauce recipe on the noodles. See Angela’s cookbook for an additional option: Orange-Maple Miso Dressing.
Thai Peanut Sauce
- 1 large clove garlic
- 2 T toasted sesame oil
- 3 T peanut butter or almond butter
- 2 tsp fresh grated ginger (optional)
- 3 T lime juice
- 2T plus 1 tsp low-sodium Tamari (we use organic Nama Shoyu, a soy sauce)
- 4 oz. buckwheat noodles
- 1 bag, 16 oz., frozen shelled edamame, thawed
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 seedless (English) cucumber, diced
- 1 carrot, diced
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves, chopped
- In a food processor, combine all the peanut sauce ingredients with 2-3 T water. Process until combined.
- Cook the soba noodles according to the directions. Drain noodles and rinse with water.
- Combine the salad ingredients with the noodles and sauce. (NOTE:add a drizzle of olive oil to the noodles after they are rinsed and drained and before they are combined with the other ingredients. This prevents them from sticking together.)