These beautiful greens are easy to prepare with only 8 simple ingredients.
Spicy red pepper flakes bring out the glamour in these greens!
Collard greens are packed with healthy antioxidants and are a smart choice when incorporating a variety of leafy greens into your diet.
An added benefit ~ they smell delicious while cooking!
- 1 T olive oil
- 1/2 large onion, chopped
- 1 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 lb. collard greens, rinsed and chopped (discard stem)
- 3 c vegetable (or chicken) stock
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Saute onion and garlic in olive oil, until softened.
- Add remaining ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Lower heat to simmer and cook until greens are just tender (approximately 40 minutes).