- 24 oz Mixed Beans – such as Kidney, Navy Pinto Cannellini, Small Red
- 1/4 cup green lentils
- 2 – 3 cups diced LEAN ham
- 1 1/2 cups onions, chopped
- 8 cups organic vegetable broth
- 2 tsp. garlic
- 1 tsp. cumin
Sort and rinse beans, then soak overnight. Drain beans. Combine all ingredients, bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer for 1.5 to 2 hours. Season with salt and pepper after cooking especially if using ham.
* If you do not want to include the ham, substitute quinoa, brown rice, or barley.