Energize your morning with these Power Bran Muffins…
Makes: 12 Muffins
Enjoy these delicious muffins with your favorite smoothie! See some of our favorite smoothie recipes here:
- 2 C Wheat Bran
- 1 C bleached all-purpose flour
- 1 C unsweetened almond milk (or milk of your choice)
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 T ground flax seed
- 1/4 C coconut oil, melted
- 1/3C + 1 T applesauce
- 1/2 C brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2T old fashioned oats, chopped (I use steel-cut oats.)
- 1 T brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine flax seed with 3T water and set aside (This is your flax egg.).
- Add apple cider vinegar to almond milk and set aside.
- Allow flax seed mix and vinegar/almond milk mix to sit.
- Stir together flour, wheat bran, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl.
- In another bowl, combine sugar, vanilla, coconut oil, and applesauce.
- Once flax has thickened and almond milk has curdled, add to sugar mixture and whisk thoroughly to combine.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and thoroughly combine.
- Scoop into muffin tins and sprinkle with topping. (I spray the muffin tins with baking oil before filling.)
- Bake 20-25 minutes.
These muffins can be stored in the refrigerator up to 5 days.
(Recipe found at themostlyvegan.com.)