Looking for a dairy-free ice cream alternative that still has that creamy texture and rich goodness of dairy ice cream? This coconut milk ice cream is a great replacement! Refreshing peppermint and crunchy chocolate chips add to it’s creamy goodness! And, you know exactly what is in each and every mouthful because you prepared it yourself.
There are only 4 ingredients in this simple recipe and you can dive into it’s creamy goodness in less than 30 minutes!
- 24 oz. canned coconut milk (I use Native Forest Organic Coconut Milk. It is Non-GMO, Gluten and BPA free.)**NOTE: Refrigerate the coconut milk at least 24 hours before using.
- 1/3 C your favorite sweetener ( You can use anything from organic sugar to coconut sugar, date syrup, etc.. NOTE: some sugars may slightly darken the color. You can add a small handful of spinach to incorporate a light green color.)
- 1 tsp. peppermint extract
- 3 oz. dark chocolate, chopped into small pieces (I make my own chocolate chunks with coconut oil and cacao or carob powder. Watch for the recipe!)
- Blend all ingredients in a high-powered blender. Blend until smooth.
- Pour into your ice cream maker and prepare according to manufacturers instructions.
See more delicious ice cream recipes here:
(Recipe found at allrecipes.com.)