Quinoa Brown Rice and Green Beans
Prep time is diminished with this pack of cooked quinoa & brown rice.
- 2 cups frozen green beans – snapped about 1/2 inch
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1 package Seeds of Change Garlic Quinoa & Brown Rice
- 1/2 Tbs. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup small cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 small avocado (optional; however really adds flavor and texture)
- pinch of sea salt
- fresh ground pepper to taste
- Let the frozen green beans thaw out, if not using fresh. Add the olive oil and red onion to a medium sized pan and sauté for about 2 minutes.
- Add the green beans and sprinkle a pinch of sea salt. Sauté for another couple minutes.
- Heat the Quinoa & Brown Rice as directed by the package. Remove the hot mixture carefully and add to the sauté pan. Stir the mixture to mix the flavors.
- Add the cherry tomatoes and avocado with the quinoa mixture. Sprinkle on fresh ground pepper.
~Eat as a side dish or main meatless meal.
~Use a different green vegetable of your choice.
~Add a splash of balsamic vinegar.