- 1 cup almond or coconut flour
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup organic raw honey
- 1/4 cup organic coconut butter or organic butter
Combine and mix, press evenly into 8 by 8 glass pan. Bake crust at 375 for about 5 minutes; then turn down to 350 for about another 10 minutes.
While crust is baking mix:
- 2 large or 3 medium eggs
- 2 Tbs. arrowroot starch/flour
Arrowroot is a thickening agent in place of cornstarch. It is easier to digest and has no flavor of its own, therefore will not contradict with the ingredients used in recipe.
- 11/4 tsp. lemon rind
- 1/3 cup freshly squeezed lemon (about 2 good sized lemons)
Pour on top of crust and continue baking about 10-15 minutes longer. Cool, then refrigerator. Serve cold. Goes great with a glass of freshly brewed hot or cold unsweetened tea or coffee. Enjoy! (Makes about 16 small bars).