You can whip up these eggs in just a few minutes AND feel good about each and every ingredient.
This recipe was adapted from blissfulbasil.com, Superfood Peanut Butter Eggs.
Makes 10 eggs.
(NOTE: You may want to double this recipe! They disappear fast.)
- 1/2 C raw oats ( I use gluten free oats.)
- 1/2 C peanut butter (I use crunchy.)
- 4 T maple syrup
- 1-2 T coconut milk (optional) (I add this to make the peanut filling creamier.)
- a large pinch of salt
- 1/2 C or more of chocolate chips (I use Enjoy Life dairy, nut, and soy free chocolate chips.)
- Place the oats in the food processor and process until ground like fine flour.
- Add the rest of the ingredients, except the chocolate chips, and process until creamy.
- Form into eggs and place on wax paper lined baking sheets. Place into freezer for 25 minutes, until set.
- Warm the chocolate chips over low heat on the stovetop and then remove from heat.
- Dip each egg into the melted chocolate and place onto wax paper lined baking sheets. Freeze for 20 minutes.