These healthy hummus wraps are packed with fresh flavors!
This recipe has three parts – rice mix, hummus mix, and dressing.
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 T olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can veggie or chicken broth
- 1 C cooked long grain rice
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/8 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 15 oz. can black beans
- 1 10 oz. can diced tomatoes with green chilis
- 1 10 oz. pkg. frozen corn, thawed
Rice Preparation Steps
- Saute green peppers and onion in oil for approximately three minutes. Add garlic and cook one minute longer.
- Stir in broth, rice, cumin, and turmeric. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 15 minutes, until rice is tender.
- Add the beans, tomatoes, and corn.
- 1 16 oz. can garbanzo beans
- 1 clove garlic
- juice from 1/2 lemon
- 1 T olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 T roasted red pepper
Blend all the hummus ingredients in food processor.
- 1 c mayo or Vegenaise
- 2 T water
- 1 T raw agave nectar
- 2 tsp white appke cider vinegar
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp lime juice
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
Blend all ingredients together.
Putting Together the Tortilla Wraps
- tortilla wraps
- chopped lettuce
Lay out tortilla wraps and spread with hummus.
Spoon approximately 1/4-1/2 C rice mix into each tortilla.
Sprinkle chopped lettuce over each tortilla.
Drizzle dressing over each tortilla.
Roll up the tortillas and slice in half.
NOTE: Quick Healthy Snack Ideas:
Hummus with corn chips.
Rice with dressing.
Dressing drizzled on a salad or as a dip for veggies.
(Recipes from tasteofhome.com, chefintraining.com, and allrecipes.com.)