This refreshing pickle recipe can be found in Mimi Kirk’s Live Raw recipe book.
Fresh dill, thyme, and bay leaves add depth of flavor to crisp cucumber slices.
- Enough cucumbers to fill a mason jar
- 1 C apple cider vinegar
- 4 sprigs fresh dill
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 T whole peppercorns
- 1 chili pepper
- 1-2 tsp Himalayan or Celtic sea salt
- 1 sprig of thyme
- 3-4 cloves garlic
- 2 bay leaves
- Filtered water
- Wash cucumbers and slice into rounds.
- Place 2 sprigs of dill in bottom of mason jar.
- Mix vinegar, salt, cumin, cloves, peppercorns, bay leaves, and chili pepper in a bowl.
- Pour spice liquid into jar.
- Pack pickle slices in the jar.
- Pour filtered water on top and place 2 sprigs of dill and a sprig of thyme on top.
- Place the lid on the jar and store in refrigerator, turned upside down. (This incorporates the spices.)
- Ready to eat in one day
These pickles are delicious with Mike’s Burger with Secret Sauce. This recipe can also be found in Mimi Kirk’s Live Raw cookbook.