Spicy Black Bean Burgers
Another submission by Wendy. Her whole family loves them! Wendy gives credit to these two websites below:
Gina at www.skinnytaste.com
Angela at ohsheglows.com
- 1 16 oz. can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 C red bell pepper, cut into 2″ pieces
- 1/2 C chopped red scallions
- 3T chopped cilantro
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 egg (I replaced the egg with 1/3 C applesauce)
- 1 T cumin
- 1/4-1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp hot sauce
- 1/2 C quick oats
- Mash beans in bowl.
- In food processor, finely chop bell pepper, cilantro, onion, and garlic. Then add oats, egg, and spices.
- Stir in the mashed beans.
- Divide into 4 patties (use slightly oiled hands)
- Place on flat surface covered with parchment and freeze at least 2 hours before cooking.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 40 minutes.
To grill, prebake for 30 minutes at 300 degrees and then grill to brown.
These are full of amazing flavor and they have a great texture!
Makes approximately 4 large burgers.