(Recipe from veganinthefreezer.com)
By utilizing premade phyllo pastry sheets from The Fillo Factory, this recipe is quick and simple to whip up.
Enjoy the relaxing aroma of cooked apples and cinnamon as your apple strudel bakes.
(NOTE: I always double this recipe.)
- phyllo pastry sheets ( I use dairy-free sheets from The Fillo Factory)
- 1 tart green apple, peeled, cored, and thinly sliced
- 1/8 C raisins
- 1 T organic sugar ( you can replace the sugar with a handful of chopped medjool dates)
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- Layer 3-5 phyllo pastry sheets on a cookie sheet.
- Cover with sliced apples and raisins.
- Sprinkle sugar and cinnamon evenly on top.
- Roll pastry into a log.
- Slice into 6 even pieces.
- Bake at 350 degrees, approximately 30 minutes, until golden.