(This recipe is from Rich Roll and Julie Piatt’s book, The Plantpower Way.)
- 15 oz. can of coconut milk cream (set the can in the fridge overnight and use only the cream, not the liquid)
- 10 oz. frozen organic mango
- 1/2 tsp cardamom, plus more for garnish
- 1/2″ piece of ginger, peeled
- 1/4 cup honey, if needed (We do not use the honey as the mango sweetens it enough for our family.)
NOTE: This ice cream is so refreshing we always double the ingredients when we make it!
- Place the coconut cream and frozen mango into your high-powered blender. Blend on medium speed until completely blended.
- Add the ginger, cardamom, and honey. Blend again for approximately 30 seconds.
- Freeze until firm, at least two hours. (We freeze overnight.)
NOTE: Serve in coconut shells for an impressive presentation!