This recipe is quick and easy with a delicious outcome. Save yourself precious time, and serve this cake in place of a labor intensive apple pie. Experiment with flavors and use pure maple syrup instead of the sugar, or mix and match like I do, with 1 cup date sugar and 1/2 cup pure maple syrup. For a vegan version use flax eggs (1 tablespoon ground flax and 2.5 tablespoons warm water for each egg replaced). Drizzle a homemade vegan caramel sauce for a warm and inviting flavor in your taste buds! Apples have flavonoids that provide anti-cancer effects. Eat organic whenever possible!
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cup organic brown sugar, or date sugar
- 2 heaping teaspoons of cinnamon
- 1/2 cup avocado oil
- 5-6 medium/large apples
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons of baking soda
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix the eggs, sugar, cinnamon and oil in a large bowl.
3. Peel and slice the apples and add to the wet mixture, coating as you go to keep apples from turning brown.
4. Blend together the baking soda and flour and add to the wet mixture, mixing until all dry ingredients are absorbed.
5. Pour mixture into one greased 9-by-13-inch baking pan. Bake for between 50-55 minutes.