3/4 cup full fat coconut milk fat*
3/4 cup coconut sugar or date sugar
2 tablespoons honey or 100% maple syrup
1/4 cup palm shortening or earth balance butter
- Place coconut milk fat, coconut sugar, and honey (or maple syrup) in a saucepan.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer.
- Continue to simmer for 10 minutes.
- Allow sauce to cool for 5 minutes.
- Stir in shortening or butter until dissolved.
- Serve over your favorite dessert!
*To get the coconut milk fat, refrigerate 1 to 2 cans of coconut milk for 24 hours. Open the cans and scoop the creamy fat off the top. Measure 3/4 cup for the recipe. Discard the coconut milk or use it in smoothie recipes.