Make your own Almond Milk
- 1 cup raw blanched almonds, soaked in water
- 3.5 – 4 cups filtered water
- 2 pitted Medjool dates (or use 1-2 T. raw honey)
- 1/2-1 tsp vanilla extract
- small pinch of fine grain sea salt, to enhance the flavor
- Place almonds in a bowl and cover with water. Soak them overnight (for 8-12 hours) in the water, or, soak them for 1-2 hours if you are short on time.
- Rinse and drain the almonds, then put them into a blender along with the filtered water, pitted dates, vanilla and salt (remember just a pinch of salt, not too much).
- Blend on highest speed for 1 minute or so or until ingredients are mixed very thoroughly (time may vary depending on blender you use).
- Place a nut milk bag over a large bowl and slowly pour the almond milk mixture into the bag. Gently squeeze top to bottom of the bag to release the milk. This may take about 3-5 minutes to get all the milk out.
~Store in a glass jar, shake before serving. Refrigerate and enjoy!!
Click here for a decadent chocolate moist brownie recipe using this left over almond pulp!