Why not make your own Clif Bar goodness? If you are Vegan or Gluten free ~ these tasty bars are for you! Be creative with your additions like raisins, dried cherries, dried apricots or add any other dried fruit you can think of (without added sugar, of course)!
- 12 pitted Medjool dates
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tbsp raw honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup brown rice crisp cereal
- 1 cup oats (gluten free)
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 2 tbsps flax seed meal
- 1/4 cup vegan mini chocolate chips or dried cherries*
- Preheat oven to 300 F.Blend wet ingredients in a food processor or VitaMix.
- Combine dry ingredients (except chocolate chips/or cherries).
- Shape dough (on a piece of parchment paper directly on a baking pan) in a square to about 1/2 inch thickness.
- Cut into bars and separate them about a 1/4 inch apart.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 300 F.
- Cool. Keep refrigerated in an airtight container.
*Whole Foods and/or Amazon have no sugar added dried cherries.