(Recipe from veganyumminess.com.)
This macaroni and cheese satisfies those hungry tummies AND you can feel good about incorporating those healthy veggies too!
- 10 ounces macaroni noodles
- 1 C peeled and diced yellow potatoes
- 1/4 C peeled and diced carrots
- 1/3 C chopped onion
- 3/4 C water from the boiled vegetables
- 1/2 C raw cashews
- 1/4 C coconut milk
- 2 T nutritional yeast flakes
- 1 T lemon juice
- 1 tsp salt (or more, to taste)
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 pinch paprika
- Cook macaroni according to package directions. Drain, and set aside.
- Bring 2 cups of water to boil in a small saucepan and add the chopped potatoes, carrots, and onions. Cook for approximately 10 minutes, until soft.
- Remove the vegetables from the saucepan with a slotted spoon and place them directly into the food processor.
- Add 3/4 C of the cooking water and the rest of the ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Pour the sauce over the cooked macaroni and serve.