(Recipe adapted from Angela Liddon at ohsheglows.com – Gooey Pumpkin Spice Latte Chocolate Pudding Cake)
Serve this cake warm. It’s a perfect dish to serve with warm cider, tea, or coffee.
- 1 flax egg (1 T of ground flax seeds, 3 T water. NOTE: I use golden flax seeds.)
- 1 1/2 C rolled oats (I use Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free Quick Oats.)
- 3/4 C coconut sugar
- 1/3 C Cacao powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/3 C non-dairy chocolate chips
- 3/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 T baking powder
- 1/2 C + 2 T almond milk
- 1/2 C +2 T pumpkin puree
- 1/2 T vanilla extract
- 1 T Cacao powder
- 1/4 C coconut sugar
- 1 1/4 C hot coffee
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Lightly grease a square 8 x 8 glass baking dish.
- Whisk the flax and water and set aside for at least 5 minutes to gel.
- In a large bowl, combine the dry ingredients (all except the 1 T cacao powder and 1/4 C coconut sugar.)
- In a small bowl, combine the wet ingredients then add to the dry ingredients.
- Pour the batter into the prepared dish.
- In a small bowl, mix the remaining cacao powder and coconut sugar. Sprinkle evenly across the top of the batter in the dish.
- Pour hot coffee over the cacao powder and coconut sugar. It will look messy. That’s how it should look!
- Carefully place dish in oven and cook 24-30 minutes. Watch closely as you do not want it to burn on the sides.
The cake will be moist and gooey when you pull it out of the oven. Let it sit a few minutes before serving.
This cake is delicious with toasted chopped pecans and vanilla ice cream. (NOTE: We enjoy organic vegan ice cream made from coconut milk.)