This Quinoa Tabbouleh is an all-time family favorite at our house!
Whip us this delicious summer salad in less than 30 minutes and store any leftovers in the fridge. That is, if you have any leftovers!
The fresh vegetables give this salad a nice crunch and the mint and parsley add just the right depth of flavor combined with the tangy garlic lemon dressing. Quinoa is packed with protein. In fact, it contains all nine essential amino acids making it a complete protein. It also contains twice as much fiber as other grains.
Mix up a double batch and lunch for the next few days is ready and waiting in the fridge! (Note: as this salad marinates in the fridge it gets even better!)
- 1C quinoa, rinsed
- 1/2 tsp salt, plus more as needed
- 2 T lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 C extra-virgin olive oil
- black pepper, to taste
- 2-3 large cucumbers, chopped into bite-size pieces
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2/3 C chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1/2 C chopped mint
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- Bring quinoa, 1/2 tsp. salt, and 1 1/4 C water to a boil in medium saucepan over high heat.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, cover and simmer until tender, approximately 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let stand, covered, for 5 minutes, then fluff.
- Meanwhile, whisk lemon juice and garlic in a small bowl. Gradually whisk in olive oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Add cucumber, tomato, herbs, and scallions to quinoa. Drizzle with dressing and toss to coat thoroughly.
(Recipe from bonappetit.com.)