Here is a recipe made with onions. Remember the health benefits from our previous post? This is a warming wintertime dish that you can use as a side, or a main course.
- 1/2 of a Large Rutabaga – peeled
- 1 cup small brussel sprouts
- 1 yukon gold potato
- 1 large sweet potato
- 1/2 of a large red onion – diced
- 1 – 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 to 3 tablespoons of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Wash vegetables thoroughly. Cut up rutabaga and potatoes into about 1/2 inch squares. Put into roasting dish along with the brussel sprouts and toss with red onion, garlic and olive oil. Roast in 400 degree oven for 15 minutes. After the 15 minutes use a wooden spoon and lightly stir the vegetables to roast evenly. Do this again after another 15 minutes, then cook for the last 15 to 20 minutes.