(Recipe adapted from More-with-Less cookbook by Doris Janzen Longacre.)
This curry is an all-time family favorite at our house! It is a quick meal option on a busy day. Just pop your rice in a rice cooker and cook your curry.
Sweet warm Jasmine rice is a perfect complement to this savory curry.
- 1 C chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 T olive oil
- 1-2T curry powder
- 1 tsp salt
- dash pepper
- 1/8 tsp each of cinnamon, ginger, and turmeric
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 1 14.5 oz. can fire-roasted chopped tomatoes
- 2 potatoes, diced and unpeeled
- 1 C frozen peas or green beans
- Saute the onion and garlic in olive oil until softened.
- Add the spices and cook approximately 1 minute until fragrant.
- Add the sliced carrots and cook 3-5 minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients and cook covered on low until potatoes are softened. ( Add water, if needed.)
- Serve over a bed of rice.