Feeling sluggish? Need a boost? This Feel-Good Smoothie’s spicy hotness will wake you up from the very first sip! Its nourishing ingredients will also rejuvenate your body. Cilantro, jalapeno, and a dash of cayenne bring smoothie-making to a whole new level!
Not sure about spices? Just try a very small amount at first and adjust to taste. Experimentation in food prep and an openness to new foods and spices will naturally expand your options for healthy food choices. More options lead to less boredom and burnout as you work toward your goals of health and wellness.
- 1 1/2 C coconut water (or just water, if preferred)
- 1 banana
- 1/2 bunch cilantro
- 1/2 C cucumber
- 1/2 avocado
- 1C kale, stems removed
- 1 orange, peeled, de-seeded and cut in half
- 1 lime, peeled, de-seeded and cut in half
- 1 C pineapple (use fresh, if available)
- 1-3 slivers jalapeno, seeds removed
- 1/8 tsp cayenne
- chia seeds (optional) 1-2 T plus sprinkled on top
Wash and prepare all ingredients and blend in high-powered blender. Enjoy~